Whew, what a week! Thank goodness it’s over and Bob has started to fit into the routine. Plus we’ve started figuring him out which has helped out tremendously.
On Sunday we did our weekly weigh-in and even though for two days he hardly ate anything due to the new surroundings, he still grew 1/2 inch (now 15 1/2″ tall at the shoulders) and added 5lbs to his weight. So now at 9 weeks old, he’s 24lbs and growing.
Some of the things Bob learned this first week of being in our house,
1. Do not mess with that black cat, Uku.
2. Don’t bother the big dogs when they are chewing on a bone.
3. Don’t mess with that black cat.
4. Don’t bite or pull on the big dogs Blockedl.
5. Don’t mess with that black cat.
6. If you sit when Mom tells you to, you get a yummy treat.
7. Don’t mess with that black cat.
8. That cold hard stuff that comes out of the refrigerator door is fun to play with and eat.
9. Don’t mess with that black cat, especially after she’s told you four times not to mess with her. Those things on her feet are sharp!
10. If quick enough, you can sneak under the gate in the laundry room and snack on the cat food cause those goofy cats will leave perfectly good food just lying around in a bowl.
Overall, Bob did exceptionally well learning the ropes this first week and it became quite obvious that this is one smart little puppy. Hopefully the rest of his training will go equally as well as the weeks roll on.
whew, all this fun wears a puppy out!